Saturday, October 31, 2009

Six Months Old

Evelyn is now six months and one week old! She weighed in at 15# 15oz. and 26 in. at her appointment. As we watch her roll all around and listen to her coos, squeals and giggles, we marvel at how much she has changed in these six short months.


My procrastination in writing this post has actually paid off. . . Had I written this on her six month birthday, I would not have been able to report two milestones she has since reached. The first, although minor, is very exciting for Mommy and Daddy: Evelyn will now eat her rice cereal. This morning marked the first time she finished more than a couple bites. She actually opened her mouth in anticipation of the next bite. Tomorrow may be a different story, but there was much celebrating this morning. Now if we can get her to take a bottle or sippy cup. . . Second milestone: Evelyn's sweet smile will now showcase two bottom teeth that have broken through! I was feeling her gums yesterday, when lo and behold, I felt something down there. I was very surprised, and of course, excited, about the discovery.


Evelyn with friend Claire

Too sweet

Turns out her favorite toys are plastic cups and bowls - great for the budget!


Forget the rice cereal, I WANT THAT BRATWURST!

Evie and friend Robby at playgroup

I just couldn't resist getting a picture of that cute little bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment